These are picture of the first day of school last Monday. Alex started 5th grade, which here in Florida is the last year of elementary school. His teacher is Ms. Madden. He was also selected to be in a group called HOP. His 4th grade teacher recommended him because he is kind and a good example to his classmates. I can't remember what it stands for, but it is a peer mentoring group and only a select few get to be in it. He was reluctant at first because he thought that is sounded nerdy, but we convinced him that it would be a good way to help and serve other students and be a good example of a member of the church. Ryan also told him that if he did things like this throughout school, it might help him to get into BYU. That was the clincher I think! We are so proud of him for being such a great kid. He tries so hard to make good choices and be good. He is a great help to me and a good example for his younger brothers.
Spencer started the 3rd grade. His teacher this year is Mrs. Keller. Spencer was the least excited to start school this year. He loves riding his bike and scooter and swimming and wasn't excited about not being able to do that all day. I do think though that now he has started that he is happy to be there and be on a schedule again. He is a great reader and is reading the 2nd Harry Potter Book right now and loves it. He is doing great in scouts and loves to go every week. Every one wants to be friends with Spencer and he is friends with everyone, boys, girls, it doesn't matter. He is fun to be around and always happy.
I can't believe that Dallin is now in Kindergarten! He was so excited and was counting down the days for about 2 weeks. His teacher is Mrs. Rhodes and she is wonderful! We like her alot! I was worried about having him in school all day long, but he thinks it is great! He was so ready to start! On the first day of school I asked him if he wanted me to drive him to school and walk him to his class instead of riding the bus. He thought about it for a minute and said, BUS!! I told him I was going to follow him and make sure he got off the bus OK and got to his classroom. He said that Alex could do that. Well, I wasn't going to miss taking him to his class on the first day so I followed him anyway. I walked him to his class room and as soon as we got there he said BYE MOM! I guess he really wanted to be a big independent boy! He is just a great boy and he is SO excited to learn to read and all of that other fun stuff! When I picked him up from the bus stop he said, Mom, school is SO FUN! I was so glad to hear that!
Now it is just me and Taylor at home all day. It has been fun to spend time with him and play. He doesn't want to play with me when the boys are home so it has been good to spend time with him. I just have to keep my eyes on him because he tends to cause chaos wherever he is. He loves to draw on my walls, floor, furniture with anything he can find. He climbs on everything. The other day my neighbor brought him home from the down the street and I thought that he was watching TV. He is a sneaky one! But I love him. He has the best smile and gives the very best kisses. I can't believe that my baby is 3! (I'll include birthday photos here since he doesn't have a school one.)
5 comments:
It looks like you have a great group of boys. I can't believe how big they are.
Heather that is so funny. I was laughing when I heard about Dallin. They all are sooo funny!
Glad to hear your boys like school. We start tomorrow! I'm not sure if my kids are excited or not. I guess we'll see how things go!
oh I miss your four little guys, they are getting so big. what a relief that dallin is so in love with school!
What cuties!!! I think you should move back to Utah. Trey needs his soccer buddy back.
Post a Comment