Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Mountains vs The Beach

     The Mountains vs. the Beach.  My boys and I have this discussion on an almost weekly basis.  The boys maintain that the mountains are WAY better.  (Because they are in Utah ) .  I love the mountains.  I like being up where it is cool and quite with nature is all around you.  I also love going to the beach.  I love to listen to the ocean and marvel out how huge and powerful it is.  I love to dig my feet into the sand and feel the sun.  I really couldn't tell you which one I like better.  They are both amazing. 
      Last Thursday the boys and I were headed out to the beach with some friends.  It is about an hour drive and the boys were quite, watching a movie in the back.  I was looking at the beautiful scenery around me.  Everything was green and flowering and the sky and clouds just went on forever.  I thought about how beautiful the earth is no matter where you are.  I started to think about our weekly discussion about which is better (really not so much the beach or mountains, but Florida vs Utah). I had such an overwhelming feeling of comfort flood over me.  I knew that right now I am where I am supposed to be.   And I love being in Florida.   There is a certain comfort in knowing that you are where you are meant to be.  It may not last forever.  I do at some point want to live where there are mountains  again.  But I know that will happen when the time is right and time for us to be somewhere else that we are meant to be.  For now, I am going to love the beach. 





4 comments:

Clint, Mel & Kids said...

I love your new family picture! I agree with you about the beauty of the Earth. Ever been to the Appalachian Mountains?

Aplanalps said...

Dido!

R Clan said...

That is awesome that you can think of it that way. You have bloomed where you have been planted for the time being. What a beautiful positive way of looking at your situation.

Rachel said...

Thank you for that Heather. I have felt the same way in different places that we have lived, and that peace makes the hard times so much easier to deal with. I needed that reminder