Sunday, January 31, 2010

A New Beginning

So, I have really dropped the ball when it comes to blogging. But, I think that life has settled down a little bit, maybe, and I can take some time to update.

The new year has brought with it lots of changes at our house. I was called to be the Relief Society President in our ward at the beginning of the month and Ryan was released from his High Council calling and is now the 2nd councilor in the YM presidency. Along with that change I also had the "opportunity" to speak at the adult session of Stake Conference last night. So with Christmas and birthdays and lots of changes and lots of stress-I haven't had much time to think about blogging, but I'm going to try to be better!
.
Ryan was a little sad about being released from the High Council. He really enjoyed that calling and will miss the association of the men that he served with. I am excited to have him in the YM program because Alex will be there in a little less than a year. And because now he gets to be in our ward and sit with us at church. Big bonus for me! And the boys in the ward here think that Ryan is pretty cool. He is still really busy at work, and is working hard. He has not been traveling as much as he did at this time last year, which I think is great!

I have just been busy trying to get a handle on my new calling. I feel really humbled and a little overwhelmed by it all, but have felt the love and support of my family and the sisters here in our ward. It really is amazing how once you are set apart for a new calling that you feel an instant love and bond to people that you didn't think about much before. I have really great councilors and I am truly blessed. Along with that I am excited that we were able to get new furniture for our living room and I have been happily decorating! I am glad to announce that when you walk into my house it feels like a house and not a big empty cave!
Alex turned 11 on December 20th. I can't believe how big that boy is getting! He also received his Webelos Badge, His religious square knot and his Arrow Of Light. We are very proud of him! He is now an 11 year old scout. He doesn't think that it is as fun as cub scouts, but is looking forward to being able to go on camp outs. He got braces on his bottom teeth and his teeth are looking great! Right now he is working on doing pull ups. We bought a bar that sort of sits on/hangs from a door frame. He is constantly working on doing this and will be doing it it no time! He loves being outside playing basketball, or baseball, or football, or jumping on our trampoline. He is just a great boy!
Spencer is just the same happy, easy going kid that he always has been. Recently he has shown an interest in drawing and he is pretty talented. We set up a desk in his room and he likes to go up there and draw. He is also loving the trampoline and riding his bike. He has been working on his basketball shot and is getting a lot better. He loves his Legos and it really creative and can build lots of cool things. He is just a good boy and is really very thoughtful and kind and very sweet. He has a great laugh and a great sense of humor.
Dallin turned 6 in November. I just can't believe how fast that they grow up! He is loving Kindergarten and learning to read. He is just a sweet boy. He has a hard time holding still though! He can't just sit. He has to move and wiggle. He is super flexible to and can somehow contort himself into all different positions during his wiggling. He is upside down and sideways and all over the place. Ryan and I just sit and watch him and laugh! He can tell you just about anything that you ever wanted to know about Star Wars and Pokeman. He is really animated and its so much fun to listen to him!
Taylor is just a busy little boy. He started Sunbeams at the beginning of January! I know I have said this about all of my boys, but, I CANT BELIEVE HOW BIG THEY ARE GETTING! It was a little strange to send my youngest to primary! And he is all potty trained too, so no more diapers or anything. Very weird, but a good feeling too! He loves to be doing anything that the big boys are doing. He also loves to get the markers and draw on any possible surface. I went into my room the other day and found a lovely drawing done in permanent markers on my sheets! Don't know how he found the markers, but he finds them! We love him!
In between all of that, we had Thanksgiving and we were so glad to have Ryan's parents come. While they were here they too us to the Kennedy Space Center. We had a great time there and loved spending time with them. We were just getting there when the space shuttle was landing and that was a very neat thing to see!

Christmas was also lots of fun. We didn't get out to Utah this year, so it was a little strange to have no family around, but we had a great time together. Santa was very kind to the boys and I think that they got what they wanted! We went to Gaylord Palms here in Orlando to an exhibit they had here called ICE. It was a frigid 9 degrees, but it was full of lots of beautiful ice sculptures. It even had an ice slide that we all got to slide on. It made us feel a little more like it was Christmas time!

So, I think that about catches us up. I will try to be better!



6 comments:

Clint, Mel & Kids said...

It was nice to see an update. I think you'll be a great RS pres. Your boys are all very cute.

Our Life Together said...

Im so glad to hear the update! Im sure you are bothe doing great in your callings!pol

Rachel said...

I knew it, I just knew you were RS Pres...if you ever want to talk call me, and you will be awesome, send me your pointers.

Ashley said...

thanks for the update, I love hearing about your family and seeing pics, keep it up!

Christy said...

It was fun reading about all of the changes in your life. Congratulations on the calling. I can totally see you doing that. I bet you are great at it.

Miriam said...

I think your boys are getting big too. I'm glad you posted. How nice it is to have your hubby with you in church. Good luck with your calling.