So, I have to say right off that I do believe that these are about the best looking boys I have ever met!! Now, having said that I can go on and tell you about their first day of school! Taylor just started VPK this year. Here is Florida they have a voluntary pre kindergarten (VPK) that is all payed for by the state of Florida. Free preschool basically. He is going to a private Lutheran school called St. Lukes. He goes 3 days a week and he loves going. I was a little worried about sending him to a Lutheran school, but it has been really good. He is learning just how much Jesus loves him and I can find no fault in that! He loves having something to do during the day. As much as I love having him around with me, he just gets so bored with only me to play with, so this has been really good for him. Last week he was the weather man at school. I asked him what he had to do. He said he had to look out the window and tell everyone that it was sunny! He also said it was awesome!
I tried to get pictures of him when I dropped him off the first day. He wouldn't look at me and this is the best one I could get of him.
This year Alex is a big middle school kid! He is going to Tuskawilla Middle School. For the most part he thinks that middle school is ok. He was a bit nervous the night before, but he has decided that it isn't all that bad, other than riding the bus. He is taking band this year and is learning to play the trumpet and he loves that. He also like gym and getting to play basketball. I just can't believe that he is old enough to be in middle school! It seems like I just sent him to preschool!
This isn't the first day of school, but it is the day we went go and find all of his classes. The school is really nice and so different than the Jr High that I went to. There are several different buildings and outside hallways. I guess when you don't have to worry about cold and snow you can do that!
Dallin and Spencer are going to Evans Elementary. Luckily the bus stop is just 3 houses down from ours.
Dallin is in first grade this year. His teacher is Ms. Dodge. She is a great teacher and a lot of fun! Alex had her in 4th grade and we love her! She thinks Dallin is a great kid and she thinks that he is a great reader. He likes school alot!
Spencer is now in the 4th grade. He does not love school, but thinks it is just OK. His teacher is Ms. MacDermott and she is a lot of fun and makes school tolerable for Spencer! He likes PE and that is about it! He does well though and works hard. He is excited because the 4th graders get to go to St. Augustine for their big field trip.
It has been really interesting to have an empty house and have all of the kids in school. I have been a little bit lost! I thought that I was going to have so much time to get things done! I really has not turned out that way. I do have the time to get my VT done without taking kids with me. Grocery shopping without the kids in nice too! I do look forward to being able to Christmas shop without trying to hide things in the cart! But as nice as those things are, I have really loved having my kids home with me. I love them so much and love being around them. They make me laugh and they make me crazy too. They are the best boys! They are sweet and kind and such good examples to me. I am such a lucky mom!
1 comment:
They are so cute! Give them all a big hug for me!!!!!
Post a Comment