The second week of February usually marks the beginning of the NASCAR racing year. The home and sacred ground of racing is only 40 miles from our home . . . and it is a big deal around here.
The fact is, I have never been a big fan of NASCAR. I always thought it is a bit silly to race around an oval. You see, here's what happens. "OK folks, they are making a left turn. Here comes another left turn. Oh wait, another left turn."
My company and our new brand Blu Frog Energy, is now in the business of sponsoring teams in all three NASCAR series:
1. Camping World Truck Series (Blu Frog Energy Dodge)
2. Nationwide Series (Blu Frog Energy Chevrolet)
3. Sprint Cup Series (Blu Frog Energy Dodge)
So, I got to go this weekend, got some special access, and sat right above Pit Road on the infield. Very cool. And here is the best part, I now get it. I will be going again. Maybe the left turns aren't so bad. Check out all the pics and video. - Ryan
5 comments:
Ahh! Very cool! It is much more interesting when you know what is going on and how they make it so cool. Brian used to draft me on the freeway when we would drive two cars. And we drafted a truck all the way up to Wyoming one summer. Brian is still a fan, but getting frustrated with Nascar feeling like they have to be diversified. It is still cool though. Someday we will fly down there to see it with you. Miss you and hope all is well! Have a good week!
It's so good to see you....I know, I'm not really seeing you, just seeing you're pics. We really, really miss you guys. Looks like fun at Nascar, and all the other cool places you guys get to see down there. Love ya.8
Oh how awesome. How exciting to be able to experience all these fun things.
Loved your commentary about left turns. So funny & so true!
I had to show Josh this post - he was so jealous. This is the first in four years that he's missing Nascar in Vegas. I laughed when you wrote "I now get it". I'm still not there, but it seems like once you go, its hard to not.
Post a Comment