Monday, April 13, 2009

Casperson Beach


Last week my boys had Spring Break.  Ryan decided to take a few days off and we went on a little road trip.  We figured that since we are in Florida we needed to see something other the Walt Disney World.  We decided to head over to the gulf coast and check out the beaches and then head into the Everglades and try to see some alligators.  Our first stop was at Casperson Beach.  

These are fossilized shark teeth that we found at Casperson Beach.  We borrowed this special shovel from some friends in our ward.  You take it out into the surf and scoop up a bunch of sand.  The sand drains out and you are left with a bunch of shells and rocks, and if you are lucky a shark tooth or two.  We found about 45 of them.  It was a lot of  fun for all of us!

TOO CUTE!  

(More to come tomorrow)

4 comments:

Christy said...

I always feel like I'm on vacation when I read your blog. You guys have a ton of fun1

Ashley said...

so gorgeous, I hope Alex and I get over there sometime!

Kristen said...

Wow, how fun, I hope you are all enjoying this adventure!!!

Ashley said...

Cool shark teeth! Wish we were at the beach!