Sunday, May 24, 2009

All Things Star Wars


So, if you know my family you know that my boys are OBSESSED with all things Star Wars.  We have Star Wars games, lightsabers, shirts, legos, action figures, music, movies, video games,stuffed animals...you get the idea.  Dallins primary teacher said that one day he talked to her about Star Wars for 15 minutes during class.  It is just something that I live with every day and I am OK with that.  So, when we found out that Disney holds a Star Wars weekend at Hollywood Studios we just had to go.  We woke the kids up early to the sounds of the Imperial March and, clothed in their Star Wars T-shirts we headed off to see what we could see.  We were greeted at the gated by Star Wars theme music and Storm Troopers standing on top of the building at the entrance.  My boys were so excited they couldn't stand it.  We watched a parade of the good guys and the bad guys.We got our picture taken with a few characters and the boys posed with their lightsabers.  We had a great time and the boys want to go again next weekend.
  I guess one Star Wars weekend a year is just not enough!

9 comments:

Kristen said...

Looks like a lot of fun. It will be fun to see you guys in July. Your boys look older. Life just keeps going and they just keep getting bigger. I wish time could stop for us once in a while. Love you guys!

havingcakeandeatingit2 said...

Oh the memories. We went to the Star Wars Weekend When we lived in Orlando. So fun. The pictures bring back the day so well. Too cool. Makes me actually miss Florida.

Christy said...

Wow, that is really cool! My son would have loved that!

Clint, Mel & Kids said...

Now THAT is AWESOME! I've been a life-long fan of Star Wars.

Lori said...

Oh my goodness I LOVE this. My boys are/were HUGE Star Wars Fans. They are teenagers now so they would not be as vocal, but I find my oldest (15) in the room watching Star Wars sometimes. Hubby is a huge Star Wars fan also. I love the pictures.

R Clan said...

As my kids would say, "That was totally Wicked!" That would be so fun to see. That seriously makes me want to come out there. I am so flippin' jealous. That totally would get me so pumped up. What fun memories you guys are making.

Kellie said...

Hi guys. I just wanted to say hi. Can't wait to see you guys. Love you all.

Ashley said...

My boys would be VERY jealous if they saw this post. How fun for you!

Our Life Together said...

WOW! That was the perfect activity for your family. That looks like so much fun. we cant wait to see you in a couple weeks! Love you all!