Sunday, May 10, 2009

Same old song and dance

     I realized today that I haven't posted anything new for awhile.  Mostly because there hasn't been too much going on here.  Just the same normal day to day things.  Ryan had his birthday 2 weeks ago.  We are the same age again (until October).  The fact that I am a few months older than Ryan has always caused my boys a little anxiety.  How could I possibly be older when he is bigger than I am?  They can breath easy again for a few months!  I am so grateful for Ryan and all that he does for our family.  He is a great husband and a great dad and we all love him so much!
      We went to Sea World yesterday and we were able to ride the new ride they have there.  It is called the Manta.  It is a roller coaster ride that turns you so that you are face down the entire ride, almost as if you were -a Manta ray.   It is a bit unnerving,  but a lot of fun.  We were able to meet up with some friends, the Alpanalps there and had a lot of fun.    A few weeks back we went to a camp ground with our friends and had dinner and roasted marshmellows.  The boys were not very happy with me for not taking the tent and sleeping over, but Ryan was out of town and I wasn't going to try and attempt and overnight trip without him!  Thank goodness for friends when we live so far away from family. They have all become our surrogate family since we have moved here and feel so blessed to have them!  
     We recently became members of the local YMCA (I know, you want to sing the song don't you!)  I have started going to a boot camp class in an attempt to lose some weight and get into shape!  It has been good for me.  I come home exhausted and sore, but feel sooo good at the same time!  Dallin has started to taking swimming lessons there too, so that he can become a little fish like his big brothers are!  
     The boys are anxiously awaiting the end of school and a trip to Utah.  We are all excited to come and visit and spend some time with our family and friends there.  We continue to feel so blessed and are happy! 

2 comments:

Ashley said...

We sure miss you guys down there. You look great without working out Heath, but I give you props for trying to get yourself in shape!

Christy said...

Thanks for the update. Sounds like you've done some fun things lately. I would love to do the Sea World thing.